Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Have Fun with Bridal Text Messaging

It's a whole new world out there. In this day and age about 80% of brides have been exposed to text messaging. There are really two types of text messaging, one called TM which stands for test messaging, the other called IM which stands for instant messaging, also called immediate messaging, which allows for more immediate conversing back and forth. Messaging works on the wireless network which allows parties to send and receive messages back and forth and work on many different mobile or handheld devices such as Blackberry, IPhones, cell phones, PDAs, handys, or pagers. The IM messager is also used in conjunction with online chat, email, blogs, and newsgroup postings.

Text messaging is a means of communication quickly and efficiently. It's a tool that really help brides to communicate rapidly to those involved in the wedding, including her significant other, family, bridal party, and if agreed to, wedding vendors. But before getting heavily involved in texting there etiquette rules one must learn and follow.

Texting must be done the proper way, be mindful that all your communication with people should not be done via texting. There should be plenty of face-to-face and voice-to-voice interaction with people you are communicating with whether it's personal or business. You also must consider the environment you are texting from, you should never ever text while operating a moving vehicle whether it's a car, truck, plane, boat, or bicycle. If you need to text or read text, please pull over and pull far over, don't ever put yourself in a dangerous situation.

Some other things, it's also considered rude to be texting someone when you are having a face-to-face conversation with someone else, it upsets the persons psychy and disrupts the persons train of thought and also makes the person feel you are non important to them. Finish the conversation with the person whom you are talking and you can contact the textor once the conversation is complete. Good times to text, early in the morning when not conversing at the breakfast table, when you have time to pass, in between classes, at a coffee break at work, sitting on a bus or train, or in the waiting room of a medical center, or at a relaxing time in the evening.

Places where you should not text include churches, chapels, classrooms, hospitals, libraries, air planes, golf clubs, gas stations, and movie theatres. At gas stations, there is a small risk of creating static electricity which can cause an explosion, at the movie theatre, movie theatres have rules against texting during the show, as the light emission can annoy other patrons and it disrupts the ambience of you following the movie. If you must send or receive texts at a movie theatre, don't do it at your seat, do it in the lobby. If you are at any of these facilities or even out to dinner with your love, turn off your text messaging device, and before putting the device in your pocket, lock the keypad to avoid making any unwanted calls. And don't flaunt your device in public so as to gain the attention of potential thiefs or robbers.

Texting is great when you are in a place where noise can be an issue places like a noisy cafeteria, or at sports bar or disco, a ballgame, or between speakers when listening to a lecture, or waiting at a noisy bus stop. It is recommended to send text to whom you are sending messages to during that person's waking hours and if you aren't sure that's between the hours from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. in the evening. Only text at off hours in an emergency. If it's a significant other, don't overdue the texting. Keep the romance going, be careful with joke telling, jokes should entertain and inspire, not upset or put people down. Text messaging a message can easily be construed to mean something else especially when text message are sent in shorthand. It is considered rude to repeated texts even if it's the word "I love you" and never ever put all words in all CAPITALS, which is taken in text world as shouting.

Text messaging is a great tool for brides to interact with their wedding vendor. However, it is not good to text message with initial contact with a wedding vendor. It is best for the meeting to be face-to-face or if distance is an issue voice-to-voice. If you are into text messaging, see if the wedding vendor will agree to share information back and forth via text messaging. It is great to leave a quick message on status with something that has happened with the vendor (i.e., "your flowers from California have just arrived", "the printer just finished with the wedding invitations", "can we meet at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday?", "what's your final wedding guest number count?, etc.)".

It is also a great tool to leave quick notes to about your wedding, especially to your bridal party members. Very often, some of the bridal party members are occupied, and with texting, you leave them a text and you can message gets out to them very quickly. (i.e. "hey gang, meet at my house at 5:00 to pick up the bridesmaid's dresses", "can you guys come over to the house and help me put some wedding favors together?", "rehearsal practice is at the church at 4:00".). It's a great way to get the bridal party communicated with your message and get them organized more quickly as you can leave a message that can be checked at one's convenience whereas a few years back, you either had to hunt somebody down on the telephone and if you left a voice mail on one's phone, if that person were out at a meeting or golf course somewhere it may have taken a while before the message was picked up.

A cell phone is not the only method of sending a text message. You can now send text messages conveniently via the Internet. While there are several free text message services available, Text'em is fast, easy and even allows you to set up a free (optional) account.
Instructions
Steps
1. Step 1
Type "www.textem.net" in your Internet browser.
2. Step 2
Fill in the Recipients Mobile Number box with the 10-digit telephone number of the person you wish to
send a text message to.
3. Step 3
The next line will ask for your email address. This is optional. If you don't enter your email address, the
text message will label the receiver as anonymous.
4. Step 4
Type your message. You will have a limit of 155 characters.
5. Step 5
Enter the security code provided to you.
6. Step 6
Check the box once you have read and understand the Terms of Use.
7. Step 7
Select "Send Message."

Another relatively new phenomena at weddings is the use of firetexting. This is how firetexting works. The disc jockey might have a special screen set up at the wedding. It might be a large screen television or an in air laser light show projected onto a large screen. The wedding guests or even far away family members or friends would be given a special designated number, they could input that number and leave a text message, that text message would be lit up at the wedding venue for all to see. Messages would be rotated with congratulations to the wedding couple. The firetexting can be used for other services too, like leaving messages to others beside the wedding couple, also for polling, and requesting songs of the dj and the dj can leave messages for the audience too, such as what song is being played currently or announcing that the cutting of the cake will be in 10 minutes.

Last, but the most important contact is interacting with your significant other. There is a little art in texting with each other. They say when you are texting with your loved one to stay away from boring. You should never say boring things like "How are you doing?", "What's up?" You should text sporadically have mystery, suspense, and intrigue in your texting. Mix it up somewhat too, be somewhat playful in your texting, have your text go back from serious, playful, serious, show a little ingenuity and personality. Don't text too often and always end on a high note. Sometimes don't end on a bye and sometimes wait for an hour or an hour and a half later before responding back. Make the interface with your love unpredictable and exciting. Always try to have at least one text during the day, so your love hears from you at least once. Once in the morning and once before to bed is best if either of you has a busy schedule. At least the one message keeps the wondering, out of the other one's head.

If you decide to include texting in your relationship, if you live far apart and see each other sporadically before the wedding, try to text a message either once or twice a day. It's hard sometimes, to formulate a meaningful  message for every day, just don't let the other know you got the message here, you just thought of it!

Text Message Ideas for the Day

1. A day may start or end without a message from me, but believe me it won't start or end without me thinking of you..See! I just did. Take care.

2. A person you love is an extension of yourself. Without it, you're not complete so better take care of yourself because I don't want to lose a part of me.

3. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight and wipes the wrinkles away. Hope you receive a lot and share a lot of smiles today. Here's one from me.

4. Ah-- I forgot your name. Can I call you mine? And, in case you forget my name too, call me yours!

5. All mornings are like a painting, you need a little inspiration to get you going, a little smile to brighten it and a message from someone who cares to color your day.

6. An angel asked me a reason why I care for you so much. I told her I care for you so much coz there's no reason not to.

7. Can I say I love you today? If not, can I ask you again tomorrow? And the day after tomorrow? And the day after that? Coz I'll be loving you every single day of my life.

8. Caring for someone is easy but making someone care for you is hard. Now I keep wondering how did you make it so easy for me to care for you.

9. Cell phones can be irritating sometimes. You always have to reload, recharge every now and then. Messages are delayed. But there's one thing I love about it. It connects me to you!

10. Could you do me a favor? Put your left hand over your right shoulder then your right hand to your left shoulder. There! I've just given you a morning hug.

11. Do you know that men and women are angels created with only one wing? And they need to embrace each other to be able to fly... Hope you can find your angel whom you can fly with forever.

12. Do you take me to be your lawfully wedded text mate, in sickness or in health, through metering or not, till low battery do us part?

13. Doctor's advice: eat breakfast regularly, drink plenty of water, take your vitamins, and text me three times a day. Lookin soon for some lovin!

14. Don't say you love me unless you really mean it cause I might do something crazy like really believe it.

15. Every morning has a new beginning, a new blessing, a new hope. It's a perfect day coz it's God's gift. Have a blessed, hopeful perfect day to begin with. Good a.m.

16. Every part of me wants you, maybe because I was made just especially for you!

17. Every time I hear my text tone, I always hope the text is from you. My cell phone may have limited memory space but my heart has unlimited space for someone like you.

18. Everyday is a happy day as long as you text me once a day. I tell you, this is no lie. A text from you always makes my heart beat and leaves me with a beautiful smile.

19. Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life. But I'd rather be your moon, so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun isn't around.

20. First time I saw you, I was scared to touch you. First time I touched you, I was scared to kiss you. First time I kissed you, I was scared to love you. But now that I love you, I'm scared to lose you!

21. Great minds contain ideas, solutions and reasons; scientific minds contain formulas, theories and figures; my mind contains only you!

22. I always think of you, but I always fail to know the reason why. Is there something else I should know about you? But there is one thing that I know is true. That life will always be sad without you.

23. I asked God for a rose and He gave me a garden. I asked God for a drop of water and He gave me an ocean. I asked God for an angel and He gave me you!

24. I don't want to say I miss you, though deep inside I do, coz I'm afraid you might see thru and know how much fear I have of losing someone like you.

25. I hate when you smile at me because you make me crazy about you. I hate when you talk to me because you make me run out of words. I hate you when I see you because you make me love you more.

26. I have heard from the phone company, the water company, the electric company, but haven't heard from you. Too bad, it's your company I love the most.

27. I have you! If you hate me, shoot me with an arrow, but please not on the heart coz that's were you are!

28. I may run out of messages to text you. I may run out of jokes to tell you. I may run out of money to buy a special gift for you, but one thing you can always count on, I will never ever run out of space in my heart for you!

29. I used to think that dreams do not come true, but this quickly changed the moment I laid my eyes on you.

30. I used to think that the world is so unfair, that it gave me so many reasons to hate it. But now, how can I hate such a wonderful world that gave me you?

31. I will walk with you side by side for only one condition: hide your wings every time we walk together because the whole world might know that you're my angel!

32. I wish I'd be a tear in your eye to roll down your cheek and end up with your lips but I never wish you'd be a tear in my eye for I would lose you every time I cry.

33. I wish one day you will miss me terribly that no matter how hard you look for me, you won't find me. Why? Because, I want you to miss me the way I'm missing you right now.

34. I woke up just a few hours ago, but then I started to sweat, I just remembered I haven't texted my love yet. Have a pleasant morning!

35. I woke up one day and thought something was missing. So I got up from my bed, grabbed my cell phone and sent you a morning greeting. Good a.m.

36. I woke up today smiling as I recall our friendship because I know that years from now, I will still be waking up smiling for the same reason every morning.

37. Icing can make a cake so sweet, a string can make a balloon fly high, a match can make a candle so bright. I hope that a simple text can make you smile.

38. I'll lend you my shoulder for you to cry on, my ears to listen to, my hand for you to hold, my feet to walk with you, but I can't lend you my heart coz it already belongs to you.

39. I'm afraid to close my eyes coz I might think of you. I'm afraid to open them coz I might see you. I'm afraid to move my lips coz I might speak of you. I'm afraid to listen coz I might hear my heart fall for you.

40. I'm on a mission to get over you, in other words mission impossible.

41. I'm sorry to be smiling every time you're near. I'm sorry my eyes twinkle whenever you're here. I'm sorry that cupid has made his hit. I'm sorry I love you, I can't help it.

42. I've been wondering why you're not texting... Multiple Choice: a. busy b. working c. tired d. want me to miss you.

43. If I could be any letter in the alphabet, I'd choose "V" so I can be next to "U"; if you could be any note, I wish you're "RE" so your always beside "ME"!

44. If I ever could change the alphabet, I would put U and I together!

45. If I had the letters "HRT", I can add "EA" to get a "HEART" or a "U" and get "HURT". But I'd rather choose "U" and get "HURT" than have a "HEART" without "U".

46. If kisses were water, I'd give you the ocean. If hugs were leaves, I'd give you a forest. If love were space, I'd give you a galaxy. If friendship were life, I'd give you mine for free.

47. If love can be avoided by simply closing our eyes, then I wouldn't blink at all for I don't want to let a second pass having fallen out of love with you.

48. If you're feeling lonely and you think there is nobody there to love, support, listen or show they care, just save this message and every time you realize it, it will remind you that a part of me is always there with you.

49. If love is a disease then I'm very ill. But I would not want medicine and won't take any pill. I would instead suffer this illness and be bedridden with joy of knowing you.

50. If only one star would fall every time I miss you, then all the stars in heaven would be gone. Don't wonder if there are no stars tonight! It's your fault coz you made me miss you a lot.

51. If someone would ask me what a beautiful life means, I would lean my head on your shoulder and hold you close to me and answer with a smile: "Like this!"

52. If you were a wound inside my heart, I'd rather leave it there with all the pain locked inside than leave it without a trace of you.

53. If, out of time, I could pick one moment and keep it shining, always new, of all the days that I have lived, I'd pick the moment I first laid eyes on you.

54. It's hard for two people to love each other when they live in two different worlds. But when these two worlds collide and become one, that's what you call you and I.

55. It's hard to say hello because it might be goodbye. It's hard to say I'm okay because sometimes I'm not. But it's easy to say I miss you coz I know that I really do.

56. Life may sometimes be a rough road to walk on where everything seems wrong. But don't give up. Just keep on going coz when you think you might be all alone, look around and you'll find me always walking right beside you.

57. Love can be expressed in many ways. One way I know is to send it across the distance to the person who is reading this.

58. Love is something special, a treasure that is hard to find... To some,love is blind, but for me, it was not true, coz I found my treasure...when I first laid my eyes on you.

59. Love. All my life I have read about it, dreamt of it, waited for it, cried for it, needed it. Now with you, I have found it.

59. My biggest reward is to see you smile, know you are happy, and feel you are loved. I know life is sometimes cruel, but that's why I'm here, to show you that life can be good when somebody cares.

60. Nobody tells fish to swim, birds to fly, cows to moo, dogs to bark - they just do. Just like nobody tells me to love and remember you. I just do!

61. One of the joys in life is waking up each day with thoughts that somewhere, someone cares enough to send a warm morning greeting! Good morning and have a wondeful day!

62. People vanish, people die. People laugh and people cry. Some give up, some will try. Some say hi, while some say bye. Others may forget, but never ever will I. Good morning!

63. Rain and sunshine do not always come together. Night and day never coincide. But you and I, whatever they say, is for me the perfect match. When I dream, I dream of you...looking forward to the day this dream will come true.

64. Raise your right hand, I "state your name" promise to love, honor, cherish and obey my honey by sending her a love text message today.

65. Roses are red, violets are blue. I can't wait until the wonderful day arrives in which I find myself marrying you.

66. Sherlock Holmes was an idiot and Robert Watt was a fool. One was a detective, the other invented radar. But neither of them ever discovered you. I must be a genius!

67. Smile! Because you have just received a text message from someone who really loves you. Have a great day!

68. Some people were born with talents. They can do beautiful things with their skills, knowledge and technology. But no one, and I mean on one is as talented as you. You just come near, and there is already beauty.

70. Someone asked what makes people happy. Some said wealth and some said fame. I was thinking about this when my cell phone beeped and received a text from you. Then, I smiled and said: "This makes me happy."

71. Text me when you are sad, text me when you need someone to listen to and you can't find anyone who will. I don't care if I'm your last option, I just don't want you to cry alone.

72. The spaces between our fingers were created so that another person's fingers could fill them in. I hope you've found your dream hand to hold you forever.

73. There are 4 steps to happiness: 1. you, 2. me, 3. our hearts, 4. happy life together!

74. There are 12 months a year...30 days a month...7 days a week...24 hours a day...60 minutes an hour...but only one like you in a lifetime.

75. There are only two reasons why I wake up in the morning: my alarm clock and you.

76. There is an ocean between us. Forests and mountains keep us apart. I may not be superman, but give me a second and I will fly across countries to send you my love. Have you received it?

77. There is night so we can appreciate day, sorrow so we can appreciate joy, evil so we can appreciate good, you so I can appreciate love.

78. There's a love that only you can give, a smile that only your lips can show, a twinkle that can only be seen in your eyes, and a life of mine that you alone can complete.

79. They can recycle paper till it's as good as new, reproduce cans and jars and old bottles too, but they can never ever recycle another person as wonderful as you.

80. They say as long as at least one person cares for you, life isn't a waste. So when things go terribly wrong, and you feel like giving up, please remember you still got me.

81. They told me I could do anything if I put my mind into it. Yet no matter how hard I try to do it, I just can't take my mind off you.

82. To be disturbed by the beep of your phone only means that somehow, somewhere, somebody is thinking of you and at this very moment, that's me. Take care always.

83. To forget you is hard to do and to forget me is up to you. Forget me not, forget me never. Forget this text, but not this sender. I will always love you! Just remember!

84. True love is hard to find, special one, one of a kind. I know because it appeared to me on a strange day I met you. We're not too close in distance. We're not too near in miles. But text can still touch our hearts and thoughts can bring us smiles. Good morning!

85. What good is beauty without brains, looks without charm, money without happiness, a smile without feelings, a life without you?

86. What is love? It is what makes your cell phone ring every time I send a text message to you.

87. Whatever you do, I'll walk with you. Hoping that your every dream would come true. Anytime, anywhere, I'll always be there. Wishing you love and happiness because I care.

88. When any situation ever gets you down, remember there's someone in heaven who loves you and watches over you and also there's someone on Earth who really cares… that's me.

89. When it rains, you don't see the sun, but it's there. Hope we can be like that. We don't always see each other, but we will always be there for one another.

90. When the time comes I can't smile anymore, don't worry about me, I know what to do. I'll just stare at one corner and think of you. No one else could make me happy like the way you do.

91. When you love someone, draw a circle around their name instead of a heart coz hearts can be broken but circles never end.

92. Whenever you feel blue, I will be there for you. Whenever you are sad, I will stay by your side. Whenever you need someone to love, I will always be there for you to have.

93. Words begin with ABC. Numbers begin with 123. Music begins with do, re, mi. And friendship begins with you and me!

94. You don't text often. You don't text much. It makes me feel sad coz we're out of touch. The message is clear. There's someone I really miss and it's you my dear! Have yourself a great day!

95. You greeted me hi, I didn't reply. You gave me a sweet smile, I responded with a sigh. You showed me your love, you received a shrug. But when you bid goodbye I began to cry.

96. You look fabulous today. How did I know? Because you looked fabulous in my dream and I can't get you out of my head.

97. You may never see how much I care for you. You may never hear how much I treasure you. You may never feel how much I miss you. Coz only here in my heart can you see them true.

98. You must be a thief coz you stole my heart. You must be tired coz you're always running through my mind. And maybe I'm a bad shooter coz I keep missing you.

99. You'll know that you miss someone very much when every time you think of that person, your heart breaks into pieces and just a quick "Hello" from that person can bring the broken pieces back.

100. You're like a target that I always try to aim at. How I wish I could aim you at the heart. But every time I fail, I feel so sad. You know why? It's because I always end up missing you.

So have fun with Bridal Text Messaging, use it for efficient communications and keep the fires and romance going before the wedding and remember to text your significant other at least once a day..

See you on the other side!



No comments:

Post a Comment